BRAN ROUTE 40

Re: BRAN ROUTE 40

Postby gif4445 » Wed Nov 27, 2019 9:30 am

Good deal. I've seen Carhenge a couple times, but it would be a great side trip for those that haven't. Speaking of side trips, the Whitman Road on Day 2 might be an interesting ride. A narrow asphalt trail that I'm told is one of the most scenic of the Sandhills. I intended to ride it last summer, but flooding and high water canceled that trip. I'm sure a bunch of you have seen the road in pictures by Michael Forsberg. I have seen several pics framed and hanging in Hospital/dental waiting rooms and the like.
gif4445

Postby DougMartin » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:11 pm

Thanks John, I wish you luck on your ride to Hemingford. If you stay in Bruning again, don’t forget about the automatic sprinklers that come on at 3:00 AM. Also, my mother has moved to assisted living in Holdrege, but you can probably stay in the park just a couple blocks south of where we stayed. I look forward to seeing you in Hemingford.
Doug Martin
Retired Teacher
DougMartin

Postby Missouri John » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:40 am

Take care Doug! It looks like northern AZ got hit by quite a storm. I'm very excited about riding to Hemingford next Spring and I may camp at Bruning anyway. I could save some time by getting a rest and shower at the same time. :wink: My map shows a campground at Holdrege so I'll camp there if I arrive near camping time. Hope your mother is doing well and I'll look forward to seeing you at Hemingford.
Missouri John

Previous

Return to Bran 40