BRAN ROUTE 40

gif4445

Re: BRAN ROUTE 40

Post by gif4445 »

Good deal. I've seen Carhenge a couple times, but it would be a great side trip for those that haven't. Speaking of side trips, the Whitman Road on Day 2 might be an interesting ride. A narrow asphalt trail that I'm told is one of the most scenic of the Sandhills. I intended to ride it last summer, but flooding and high water canceled that trip. I'm sure a bunch of you have seen the road in pictures by Michael Forsberg. I have seen several pics framed and hanging in Hospital/dental waiting rooms and the like.

DougMartin

Post by DougMartin »

Thanks John, I wish you luck on your ride to Hemingford. If you stay in Bruning again, don’t forget about the automatic sprinklers that come on at 3:00 AM. Also, my mother has moved to assisted living in Holdrege, but you can probably stay in the park just a couple blocks south of where we stayed. I look forward to seeing you in Hemingford.
Doug Martin
Retired Teacher

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Take care Doug! It looks like northern AZ got hit by quite a storm. I'm very excited about riding to Hemingford next Spring and I may camp at Bruning anyway. I could save some time by getting a rest and shower at the same time. :wink: My map shows a campground at Holdrege so I'll camp there if I arrive near camping time. Hope your mother is doing well and I'll look forward to seeing you at Hemingford.

sgoakes

Post by sgoakes »

Looking for gpx (or other gps formats/files) or routes in MAPMYRIDE or other websites (for BRAN 40) so I can download them into my android. Any suggestions?

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Wish I could help you but on my many rides all I did was follow the route signs. Many people do use the method you are looking for. Hope they will come forth. If not I will look for help.

DougMartin

Post by DougMartin »

John and Frank; looks like I won’t be joining you for this springs BRAN. My mom passed away in early January so we moved back to Lincoln from Phoenix and I am subbing until spring while everything is settled. We plan to be traveling back to Phoenix in late April. Hopefully I will be able to join you on the next tour. Good luck and may the route always be downhill with the wind at your back.
Doug Martin
Retired Teacher

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Trudy and I are sorry for your loss. We have lost several of our BRAN family in the last few months. This means I will have to hold on for another year. It would not be right to not ride another one with you. Frank

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Test