Planning for 40

thotle

Re: Planning for 40

Post by thotle »

Glad to see the forum back up, and I hope everyone is doing well and staying healthy. Bike riding (alone) seems to be an activity that's still socially acceptable. Hope we still get to do both BRAN and RAGBRAI!

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

Missouri John, my neck has been an issue for decades. Late last fall the pain started shooting down the arm. PT settled it down for a few days and then it came back with vengeance. So two levels of fusion. Four weeks out and learning how to put in a decent days work. Hard to get a lot done with lifting restrictions, but it's going well. Maybe back on the outside bike in a few weeks. We will see.

thotle

Post by thotle »

Forum seems very quiet. Everybody still riding and training for BRAN this year? Anybody have insight into whether we'll have a BRAN 40?

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

You should get the full story either tonight or tomorrow. That's all I can say.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

A complete explanation regards BRAN 40 is on the BRAN Facebook account. Short answer is 40 has been postponed to 2021. Read full account for all the information you need and where to send any other questions.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

This is the last post I will make as BRAN Forum Administrator. It is time for me to retire. It has been fun for me and I hope for you. Be well and stay safe through all the trials that lay ahead for the next few months. God willing hope to see you on the ride next year. Frank

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

Thanks for all you have done Frank! You and Granny stay safe!

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Sorry to hear you are retiring from the administration position Frank, but hopefully you will still submit to the form occasionally.
With the ride being cancelled how is everyone planning to fulfill their cycling cravings this year?

Nanu

Post by Nanu »

Surprise it is me Nanu formally known as branadmn. Yes I will continue to post. Thanks for the kind words. Of course they were deserved. My dry wit will be the same. All have a good year and stay Well and Safe.

thotle

Post by thotle »

Well, RAGBRAI just now cancelled for 2020. Anybody know of a good multi-day ride that will be happening this fall?

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

I've heard that Pork Belly Ventures is contemplating a fall ride. They want to hold on to people and are exploring ways to do that.