BRAN 40 or 41?

Prairiedogranch

BRAN 40 or 41?

Post by Prairiedogranch »

Will the 2021 BRAN be 40 (second try) or BRAN 41? Will it be the same route? When will registration open?
The pandemic has kept us fairly well isolated with time to ride. Cycling, especially if you plan your routes carefully, is very well suited to social distancing. My fingers are crossed that by next summer we will have a vaccine and will finally emerge from our cocoons, stretch our wings, and be able to be around people again. At any rate, planning for future adventures is keeping me sane.

Missouri John

Re: BRAN 40 or 41?

Post by Missouri John »

As I understand it, since BRAN 40 did not happen, next year will be BRAN 40 and the same route will be used. Cycling was certainly different this summer but I did get to visit many back roads around my area that I wouldn't have if all my state rides hadn't been cancelled.

thotle

Post by thotle »

When do we expect registration to open for Bran 40 (2021)? I'm hopeful that I'll get to experience my first BRAN next summer. In spite of all the cancellations, I did manage to get 5000 miles in 2020, but I'm sure hoping the miles can include several state rides next year. Missouri John, do you have a preferred Missouri state ride? I did get to do the "Missouri Double Cross" (Katy Trail) with Pork Belly Ventures in July, since it was only about 50 riders. BRAN looks to be a good one, and it seems like the numbers may be small enough (a few hundred?) to give it a better chance than larger rides next year.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Wow! 5000 miles thotle, that's awesome. I have rode the Missouri Big BAM ride 3 times and have always enjoyed it, but being in Missouri it will always have many steep climbs unlike the terrain on the Katy. 10 years ago while training for the Tour Divide I did my own version of the Katy Trail Double Cross, but since I only had 3 days off from work I had to ride in the dark a bit, but I was still able to pull it off.