Planning for 40

Missouri John

Re: Planning for 40

Post by Missouri John »

Time certainly changes things, but the one thing that hasn't changed is my joy of cycling. :) I feel much like you regarding e-bikes, but I do have a motorcycle. :wink:

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

I'm thinking I have a good period of time and at least a few bike changes before an e-bike would be a thing, if at all. But you never know I guess. While on that topic, where does the brain trust at BRAN headquarters stand on the e-bike? Are they allowed on the ride?

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

There have already been some on the ride. I will leave it at that.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

How's everyone's training going? January certainly wasn't a great month for me. Only 200 bike miles and most of that was on my trainer, plus I only got in 40 miles of running but atleast I haven't fallen yet. :)

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Been riding only in the basement but am running out of "Royal Pains " to watch. The bean team is serving the food tomorrow for the running clubs annual Chiller Challenge. Am disappointed that the weather will be so warm. For years the run has been next to the river. That will never happen again. The park was flooded last year , not the first but the last. We are lucky that Papillion but up a new complete workout facility which is next to our great trail system. Next week will start working on our bikes to get them ready to ride outside. We have had them for over 7 years and have not had to true the wheels yet. The rim's are a little heavy. The bikes are Surleys. One flat tire due to the stem. Starting to bet excited for BRAN. At 83 does that mean I have a screw loose, not on the bike.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

I'm sure I'm speaking for many BRAN riders in regards to you having a screw loose. We are all very much in awe of the active lifestyle you pursue and we can only hope to follow in your example.

thotle

Post by thotle »

How's the training going?: 300 miles in January, 220 indoors on the trainer and 80 outside on the fat tire bike. It hasn't been so much the weather, just not enough daylight to ride during the week due to still having that pesky job to go to during the day. My goal is 1700 before BRAN and 5000 for the year....

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

WE ARE BACK. As you probably noticed no one could post. There were some huge problems which were overcome by Rick Propst our guy. Feel free to start posting. So much time so little to say.

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

I'm about to be down like your website was. Hopefully be able to do at least some of the BRAN, at least that's my goal. Train on BRANIMAlS!

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Wow, thotle January was a very impressive month for you! Your pre BRAN goal of 1700 miles and yearly goal of 5000 miles are also very admirable. How did your February go? I seem to spend just about as much time cleaning the mud off my bike as I do actually riding it these days. Sorry to hear you are under the weather Bill, but I'm sure you'll be back stronger than ever.

thotle

Post by thotle »

Got my BRAN registration in and another 336 miles in February, 107 outdoors and 229 on the indoor trainer. Even warm enough to clear the roads so I rode the road bike a couple days last week. Come on, springtime!

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

Thanks John! I think of all you had to do and go through to get back on the bike, and I'm humbled. This is just a speed bump in comparison. You are an inspiration! Have you ever considered writing a book or something to the equivalent on your story? I'm sure it would do a lot of people a lot of good.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Your welcome Bill, and I hope you are healing well. Is the neck issue a consequence of being rear ended in your truck a couple of years ago? I'm probably one of the luckiest people alive and I try not to forget that, and it's reinforced the fact that I should always try to live each day to it's fullest. Good to see you are all signed up for BRAN 40 thotle and your training miles continue to amazes me. At this point you probably have more training miles than any other BRAN rider unless the retired school teacher that spends his Winters in Arizona has you beat.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Another step towards BRAN. Today put the bike rack on the Virginian. It will transport Flo and Babe.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Well back again. Hope the Forum will stay up this time.