BRAN ROUTE 40

branadmin2

BRAN ROUTE 40

Post by branadmin2 »

Overnight towns , Hemingford, Hyannis, Thedford, Callaway, Ord, ST. Edward, Shelby, Wahoo. Mileage 76,63,82,77,64,43,36. Total 441. There are maps on BRAN Facebook with the towns including in between ones. There will be more information as it becomes available. Registration should be open later today.

Missouri John

Re: BRAN ROUTE 40

Post by Missouri John »

A big thank you to all that worked on the BRAN 40 Route! What a fantastic route, kinda like Christmas in November. Now I can start hoping for a dry warm Spring. :wink:

thotle

Post by thotle »

Is there any way for a non-Facebook user to see the maps?

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Don't really know about Facebook. we should have the maps on the BRAN website soon. Will post a notice on the forum when they are there. Will check now. Thanks for your inquiry.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Registration in now available on the BRAN website. Note the price for new registration and the increase after April 1st. When you pick a 3 or 4 day ride you can pick what days you wish to ride. If you pick to start either one in Hemingford the bus ride is available. For any other start no transportation is provided by BRAN. We are working on having some gravel included. Maps will be provided as soon as possible.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Darn, it looks like I'm going to have to sign up though Active.com after all. :( I can certainly understand the convenience for the BRAN organizers, but I'm not a big fan of this company. A few years ago I signed up to run a marathon with Active.com and to be safe I purchased the refund insurance. Sure enough I became injured and had to with draw. I had dealt with this injury before and knew the only way to recover from it was to rest. To receive my entrance fee back, Active.com required that I provide a note from my doctor confirming my injury. The issue with this was that a doctors visit wasn't needed and would have cost much more than my refund. Also their fee for registering seems a bit much as well as their refund insurance which pushes the cost well over $300 for the week. They do occasionally have great sales on running shoes though. :wink:

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Thought I posted a reply to this but it must have gotten lost. Registering on line with an additional cost has never been something that appealed to me. Keep in mind that the BRAN committee are all volunteers now. The Rotary had a secretary that they paid to handle both on line and paper registrations. Active takes the place of that paid employee for us. It is instrumental in helping prepare tax . It supplies us with number of riders and days, bus riders, number of t-shirts and Jerseys and their sizes, and vehicle permits. It also makes deposits all received money directly into our account. This also helps us pay for all these things plus how much we need to pay Anytime Showers. Boy am I long winded but feel you guys need to know why we do something's. See you in 6 months plus.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Thanks for the reply. It's really not a big deal, just had to get my rant in, and I'll try to keep the cost down by not subscribing to too many magazines. :wink:

DougMartin

Post by DougMartin »

Heading for Arizona in two weeks so I can ride without getting frost bitten. Looking forward to the coming spring's ride through the sand hills. I would have loved to ride to the beginning like I once did when younger, but still am anxious to ride the rollers and crank my way to the top of Democrat Hill with everyone else. See everyone in June.
Doug Martin
Retired Teacher

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Good to hear from you. Be sure to take care of yourself during the car ride. Plan on it taking a little longer. My family has placed limits on my physical undertaking including biking. Will start riding our spinner bikes down stairs and watch Netflix and prime. Need spring to let me ride more than last year. I was in the worst condition ever. Every one enjoy the next couple months and then get back to training. Ordered a pannier to allow me to mount the bike easier than the high back rack. It worked for granny. We will ride up Democrat hill but get to go down the Arnold hill. A good trade off. If I remember right there could be some additional wicked hills after Democrat depending on the route. Long way off but still get excited about BRAN.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

Enjoy your time in Arizona Doug. I'm sure the climate well be much better for cycling there. I plan to ride to Hemingford and will probably use much of the same route we rode in 2018 especially since I now know all the good places to camp. I don't think I'll be camping in the Ogallala city park though. :wink: It certainly won't be the same in 2020, I'll really miss the companionship.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

THE ROUTE MAPS HAVE BEEN ADDED TO THE BRAN WEBSITE. HAVE A LOOK.

gif4445

Post by gif4445 »

Beautiful route! Just out of curiosity, are we routing past Carhinge or is that just an individual option?

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Will Check

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

Carhenge is not included in the route but probably will be added as a side trip. Granny and I have seen it several times. Worth the additional miles when you are young and strong or have a vehicle with you.