Past rides

branadmin2

Past rides

Post by branadmin2 »

For a few weeks now I have wanted to post about past adventures. Alas the Forum was down. Forgot what to say. Maybe later.

branadmin2

Re: Past rides

Post by branadmin2 »

No matter how hard I think the greatest adventure is meeting the riders and people of Nebraska.

branadmin2

Post by branadmin2 »

OK ,I gave you all a chance to express yourself. In 1985 Granny and I bought our first bikes as adults. It was her first and my second bike ever. In 1947 after the war I was finally able to by one. Still have it in the garage. It is semi ride able. We get on them and Granny falls in the driveway. Down for the count. Far from it . She works hard and meets some other riders training for BRAN. We decide to give it a try in 1986. Remember she never had a bike and was not athletic. On the first day out she was late getting into the first town. I hitched a ride out to find her. There she was working hard and mad as hell. She had a flat and waited for someone to fix it. Got back in the truck and told the driver lets go she is fine now. Well she did make it into town and all the other towns. And many more through the years. She did this with a much stronger mind than body. Granny and I have been married for 62 years and I am proud of her every day. Now beat that.

Missouri John

Post by Missouri John »

That's a great story, and I'm sure that many riders can relate to the progression it takes to become a BRAN rider. A big congratulations to both you and Granny on 62 years together! Very few are able to have shared that many years with each other. Unfortunately my wife was only able to tolerate me for 19 years, and I really think that was quite an achievement. :wink: